How to apply for UPSC examinations and clear them? This article contains everything about Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exams. If you want to get a reputed government job and secure your future, UPSC is one of the best options that you can consider.
The competition is also on the higher side and people really face difficulties to crack the exams. There are many students appear for UPSC exams often to build their career. In those millions of candidates you have to perform outstanding to clear the exams.
While filling the application form for UPSC, you can select the desired type of job profile. Ensure that you choose the right type of job in advance so that you will not face any trouble. Also, it is necessary to go through useful tips and suggestions to clear the exams and score good marks.
Eligibility for UPSC Exams
Nationality: A person should have Indian citizenship or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. Other country’s candidate who is now settled in India with permanent citizenship can also apply for UPSC exams.
Age Limit: In order to apply for the UPSC examination, a person should be between 21 to 30 years. However, there are some upper age limit relaxations for scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, other backward classes, defense service individuals and others. The upper age limit relaxations vary from 3 to 5 years.
Education Qualification: It is necessary hold a degree from any certified university or similar qualification. If you have given final year (semester) exam and waiting for the result then also you can appear for the preliminary exams.
Number of Attempts:
- Four attempts are given to General Candidates
- No restriction for scheduled caste and scheduled tribe
- Seven attempts for other backward classes
A List of Exams Conducted by UPSC:
- Civil Services Examination (Preliminary and Main)
- Central Police Forces Examination / Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian Statistical Services (I.S.S) Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination
- Indian Economical Services Examination
- Combined Defense Services (C.D.S)
- National Defense Academy (N.D.A) and Naval Academy (N.A.) Examination
- Indian Forest Service(IFS)
- Geologists’ Examination
- Combined Engineering Services
- Indian Engineering Services (I.E.S)
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service
- CISF Assistant Commandants (Executive) Departmental Examination
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Revenue Service
- Section Officers (S.O.)/Stenographers (Grade-B/Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination
How to Apply for UPSC Exams
There is a common application form for all UPSC exams that needs to be processed via computing devices to the commission office. Before filling details in an application form, ensure that you go through complete instructions mentioned on it, and on an information brochure which you will get with the form.
The next step is to send the form through post offices or head post offices with a cash payment of Rupees. 20. You can easily obtain the form in designated post offices. A form can be used for one UPSC exam. Only original copy of form is allowed. Do not make a mistake to use an unauthorized, reproduced or photocopy of the form.
Important Points before Submitting an Application Form
- Buy an application form only from post office.
- Enter correct name and the year of exam.
- Ensure that you make proper changes after erasing the dark circles.
- Properly fill the form according to its columns.
- Firmly paste your photograph on the required space.
- Also, firmly paste the CRF Stamp (in case it is applicable).
- Mention the exact date of publication of the exam as per the employment newspaper.
- Mention right Commission’s Notice Number.
- Fill right address on the mailing form and sign the declaration.